Friday, December 26, 2008

From Tracey







Our Teachers – Our Brothers – Our Friends

This is my testimony that this is the true Church of Jesus Christ.
After moving from Montana to Washington and then Texas for my husbands work I began to wonder, what are we doing? We are never going to have a place we call home, especially now that we moved thousands of miles away from family. I started to feel sad and lonely all my focus was on a daughter that was not even here, a daughter that really didn’t want our help. Bu ti was so focused on her and the mistake, I felt she was making, I was loosing focus on my four daughters that were right here and needed love just as much.
One day after shopping I stopped two people to apologize for the kids being loud. They were so warm and loving that I could not stop thinking that I wanted them to be part of our lives. After having dinner with them one evening we found that they were Mormon. Then as we were visiting them the Elders called – Cristina said that they would be coming over for dinner. Something inside me said to make dessert for their dinner. Which, I did. Later that evening there was a knock at the door. Stood before me, were two handsome young men. They said thanks for the cinnamon rolls. There faces and smiles made my mind think and want to know more about what they do.
So we asked Cristina to invite them over for dinner so we could learn more. That dinner was wonderful. From that day on we have learned to love but not over love, that you can love a person but not there actions, which has brought a lot of peace in my heart. The joy in my girls eyes when we are all together reading and learning about the true Church of Jesus Christ. I know this is right. Our family has grown so much, I know now that when we moved to Texas we did not loose family. Our lost family and friends that we had once known found us and for now, we are together. We are learning from the wisdom and knowledge all of you have to share. We have been brought to the light, the love and to the eternal happiness with our Heavenly Father, where one day, we all be together for eternity.
For this wonderful gift I say thank you. My heart is at such peace and joy. I know this and feel this is the true Church of Jesus Christ. I will share this with everyone – family and old friends.

I say this to you in the name of Jesus Christ –
Amen

No comments: